What exactly is sodium percarbonate?
Not to be confused with sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), sodium percarbonate is the closest, eco-friendly alternative to bleach.
It can be used for so many different things and doesn't need to be added to other products.
- Restore your clothes to their former glory! Mix 2 tbsp of sodium percarbonate in a basin of hot water and soak your clothes for 1 hour before washing as usual.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of sodium percarbonate directly to the machine to keep your whites, white!
- Kitchen and bathroom
- Add 1/2 tbsp of sodium percarbonate to 1 L of hot water and leave your sponges and cloths to soak overnight. They'll be like new by morning!
- Dilute 1 tbsp of sodium percarbonate in 750 ml of hot water and pour into a spray bottle. Spray onto grout, leave to act then scrub and rinse.
- Dilute 2 tbsp of sodium percarbonate in 1 L of hot water and pour down the toilet, leave for 15 minutes and then scrub clean.
- Floors and walls
- Dilute 1 tbsp of sodium percarbonate in 3 L of hot water, apply to mouldy surfaces with a brush or sponge and leave to dry.
- Dilute 1 tbsp of sodium percarbonate in 2 L of hot water and use as a stain remover on carpets and rugs. Simply rub the stain with a sponge.
- Remove stains from wooden decking or patio flooring by brushing with a mixture of hot water and a little sodium percarbonate. Leave to act and rinse thoroughly.